- Nominees must be female residents, or employed in the Santa Maria Valley
- Individuals do not apply themselves, but must be nominated by a group or individual. Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Unsolicited material such as portfolios, publications, resumes, etc. will not be reviewed or considered in the judging process.
- All nominations must be postmarked by February 1, 2017.
- A panel of judges will interview nominees, and nominees will be contacted to finalize interview dates.
- Nominees and Nominator must be present at the Recognition Dinner at the Santa Maria Country Club on Thursday, March 2nd, 2017.
- Selections by the panel of non-board member judges are final and the names of the recipients of the award are confidential and will be revealed in person no later than February 25th by a member of our selection committee.
- 2016-2017 Santa Maria Women’s Network board members are exempt from being nominated.
If the nominator is a group, please list the primary person sending in the form as the “nominator.”
BIOGRAPHY: Provide a basic biography on your nominee showing how she reached the place she is today
QUALIFICATIONS: State briefly why you think the nominee is deserving of an award.
SUMMARY: Relate the nominee’s accomplishments and life experiences as they pertain to the specific category you are nominating her for.
FUTURE: Describe as specifically as possible the nominee’s aspirations and plans for the future
REFERENCES: Please provide two personal or professional references to include relationship and contact information.
If you have questions or would like additional information about the process or nomination form please call Sandra Dickerson at (805) 928-5725, ext. 110.
We invite you, either as an individual or as a recognized group, to nominate a woman of the Santa Maria Valley for one of four Women of Excellence Awards, detailed below. This year’s recipients will be honored at the event on March 2, 2017 at the Santa Maria Country Club from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. All nominations must be postmarked by February 1, 2017.
WOMEN TAKING CREATIVE RISKS – This award honors creativity, courage, and strength of character. Nominees will be women who accept creative challenges and achieve work that has a significant impact on their community. Women in this category persist in finding ways to succeed in extreme circumstanced, pioneer in nontraditional occupations, or stand up for their principles. These women often dedicate their lives to a unique field of work.
WOMEN OF SPIRIT – This award honors continuous dedication and a generosity of spirit. Nominees will be women who give tirelessly in either a paid position or as a volunteer. Women in this category exude a special sense of mission in their field of work or giving. These women often dedicate their hearts to one particular cause and demonstrate a consistent and generous devotion to an endeavor.
WOMEN HELPING WOMEN – This award honors the woman who fosters the personal, social, and professional growth of other women while striving to make society more amenable to such success. Nominees may work with large groups of women, or may mentor one-on-one, and may work with women of any or all ages and walks of life. These women build relationships with others that are constructive, while using insight, generosity, and leadership to create a better future for women.
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT – This award is designed to honor an outstanding woman whose commitment to her passions, either professional or volunteer, has enriched the lives of other. Nominees will be women who have dedicated themselves to their chosen path. These women inspire others by their willingness to expand their scope of giving at every crossroad in life. To be considered for this award the nominee will have either maintained her commitment, effort, and impact over a substantial number of years or, if for a shorter duration, her efforts and focus will have made an extraordinary impact in her chosen endeavor.