- Nominees must be female residents of, or employed in, the Santa Maria Valley (Santa Maria, Orcutt and Guadalupe areas)
- Individuals do not apply themselves, but must be nominated by a group or individual. Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Unsolicited material such as portfolios, publications, resumes, etc. will not be reviewed or considered in the judging process.
- All nominations must be postmarked by February 1, 2019.
- A panel of judges will interview nominees, and nominees will be contacted to finalize interview dates.
- Nominees and Nominator must be present at the Recognition Dinner at the Santa Maria Country Club on Thursday, March 7, 2019.
- Selections by the panel of non-board member judges are final and the names of the recipients of the award are confidential and will be revealed in person no later than February 25th by a member of our selection committee.
- 2018-2019 Santa Maria Women’s Network board members are exempt from being nominated.
- Past Nominees who were not selected for the Woman of Excellence Award are eligible for nomination again.
If the nominator is a group, please list the primary person sending in the form as the “nominator.”
If you have questions or would like additional information about the process or nomination form please call Cristina Martins Sinco at (805) 598-3325.
We invite you, either as an individual or as a recognized group, to nominate a woman of the Santa Maria Valley for one of four Women of Excellence Awards, detailed below. This year’s recipients will be honored at the event on March 7, 2019 at the Santa Maria Country Club from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. All nominations must be postmarked by February 1, 2019.
Please provide a single spaced, front-sided, informational letter that includes the following criteria that describes your nominee.
BIOGRAPHY: Provide a basic biography on your nominee showing how she reached the place she is today
QUALIFICATIONS: State briefly why you think the nominee is deserving of an award.
SUMMARY: Relate the nominee’s accomplishments and life experiences as they pertain to the specific category you are nominating her for.
FUTURE: Describe as specifically as possible the nominee’s aspirations and plans for the future
REFERENCES: Please provide two personal or professional references to include relationship and contact information.
If you have questions or would like additional information about the process or nomination form please
Visit our website at www.smvwn.net/women-of-excellence