A $1000 grant is awarded twice a year to an active member of the Santa Maria Women’s Network. This grant is intended to assist a SMWN Member with continuing education, business building, or enhancing business expertise. Questions may be directed to Scholarship Chair, Martha Beckman, firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-478-5355. The Member Grant will be awarded twice a year, during April and October.
Applicants must fulfill the following qualifications:
1. Be a member at least one year prior to the application deadline
2. Attend a minimum of nine (9) general meetings within the past year
3. All dues and fees current
1. Click here to download the application
2. Complete contact information for yourself and for one personal reference on the form.
3. Answer the Application Questions on a separate page/s; attach to Application.
4. Provide two letters of recommendation; attach to Application.
5. Email application to email@example.com by March 6, 2020 or drop off at the March SMWN Luncheon.
Applications are reviewed by a committee of local professionals who are not members of the Santa Maria Women’s Network.
The Member Grant is awarded at the General Meeting of the SMWN, the first Wednesday in April or October.
WINNER MUST BE PRESENT TO ACCEPT THE AWARD. Follow all directions to qualify.
Deadline for all applications without exception is March 6, 2020 for the April Member Grant. Applications are to be postmarked on or by this date and mailed directly to the SMWN P.O. Box 5242, Santa Maria, CA 93456-5242. Alternatively, Application packets may be hand-delivered at the Santa Maria, Women’s Network monthly luncheon during the meeting prior to the application deadline (March or September).